Civil Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships
Welcome your guests and get their senses buzzing! Wow them whilst they
watch your grand entrance. From helicopter, horse and carriage, fire engine,
VW to vintage car to name a few – arrive in style!
When you hold your wedding here, the house and grounds are exclusively yours for the whole day. Our events team is experienced in creating stylish weddings and providing a sensational service aimed at exceeding your expectations. You will have your own Event Manager to assist and guide you from the moment you first walk into the venue until your last guest leaves, to create a fantastic, stand-out occasion.
Ceremony Hire Fees
Robert Denholm House holds weddings on Saturday’s, Sunday’s (excluding
Easter Sunday) and Bank Holiday Monday’s. There is no price alteration based
upon the day or season.
Robert Denholm House is an Exclusive Wedding Venue. Exclusive use provides privacy for the duration of your Ceremony. No other brides and parties, sharing facilities or having to fit in with venue schedules.
You’re the only couple – you won’t see anyone that isn’t a guests or a member of staff at your wedding.
The UK Civil Ceremony Hire price includes:
- An Event Mana ger from conception to completion of your Wedding – also fulfilling the Master of Ceremonies duties if you wish
- A Bar Manager
- Set-up of the Registrar table; Bride, Groom and guest chairs
- Music system
The hire fee of £600.00 inclusive of VAT allows access to the Grand Hall, two rooms within the house and our grounds.
The hire fee of £800.00 inclusive of VAT allows access to the Grand Hall, all three rooms within the house and our grounds.
Not included in Our Fees
The Civil Ceremony venue hire price excludes Registrar fees; Beverages; Canapés; Wedding Cake; Chair Covers; Floral Decorations; Entertainment and Photography, although we are very happy to make recommendations and assist in arrangements.
An Average Civil Ceremony
A civil ceremony has no religious aspects and is relatively short, normally approximately 20 minutes in duration. The ceremony will usually follow a traditional format, interspersed with music and readings which must be agreed in advance with the registrar.
0 – 1 hour
- The Registrar meets with the Bride and Groom individually.
- Music is generally played as the guests are greeted with welcome drinks and take their seats; for the entrance of the bride; during the signing of the register and as the couple exit.
- Hymns are not permitted. Modern songs, piano, folk and classical are acceptable but should be checked against religious connotations.
- Robert Denholm House is licensed for live music. A string quartet or a harpist are a popular choice.
1 hour – 1.30 hours
- The Civil Ceremony takes place.
- The majority choose for the groom and best man to await the arrival of the bride at the front. Alternatively, if you have already held a cultural wedding, the couple may choose to proceed to the front together.
- There are various forms of wording available to yourselves, we have many examples for your perusal. Specially written vows or statements can be used if authorised by the registrar.
- An ‘Order of the Day’ is becoming increasingly popular. Include your ceremonies reading and music choices, followed by significant points of the day’s events, guiding your guests throughout the proceedings.
- The Civil Ceremony ends.
- Take full advantage of our grounds by having reception drinks, canapés or pieces of wedding cake served in the grand galleried hall and on the rear patio.
- Have your photographs taken whilst your guests mingle and play garden games.
- Strike a pose and have fun! There are photographic opportunities both inside the building and in our grounds including several lawns, a Japanese Garden and woodland area.
- Carriages tend to have departed no later than 4 hours after arrival.
Vows can be exchanged in one of three elegant
functions rooms from which you can choose to hold
The Capenor Room
The original reception room of the house, this elegant room features magnificent crystal chandeliers and a stunning rose-and-leaf ceiling window making it the perfect spot to say your vows. With matching crystal wall lights and wooden panelled walls, the room is flooded with natural light from the large picture windows which afford stunning views of the grounds and surrounding countryside.
The room is ideal for larger parties as it can accommodate up to 112 seated guests.
The Belvedere Room
For a more intimate space, you may prefer the period features of the Belvedere Room. With a feature fireplace and a large ornate mirror, The Belvedere Room has a stunning view of the rear patio and lawns and an alcove which is a very popular choice for the happy couple to show off the Wedding Cake throughout the Ceremony.
Adorning the wall is a historic picture of Robert Denholm House. There is also direct access to the patio area.
The Belvedere Room can accommodate 75 guests.
The Redwood Room
For an intimate ceremony, share your vows with your nearest and dearest in the Redwood Room which is licensed for up to 39 guests.
The room has large windows and plenty of natural light as is often used by Brides as their suite where they can eat breakfast, have their hair and make-up done, get dressed and meet with the registrar. During the ceremony and reception it often houses wedding gifts and personal possessions and on occasion your photographer’s equipment.
Contacting the Registrar
For your ceremony you must secure a registrar for your chosen date, you can do this up to two years in advance. You must make an advance appointment to visit one of the six Surrey register offices to give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
Contact Details for Surrey County Council:
T: 0300 200 1002 E: email@example.com
The closest Registrars Office to Robert Denholm House is:
Reigate Registrars Office, Reigate Library, Bancroft Road, Reigate RH2 7RP.
The total cost of your marriage or civil partnership ceremony is made up of the following fees:
• Registrar attendance fees
• Certificate fees
• Notice of marriage fees
Ceremony times are available between 10am and 5pm.